Tonik Cannabis is an AGCO licenced, local family owned, cannabis retailer located in Brantford. We are here to educate and build our cannabis community. Through our team we aim to provide all levels of cannabis users with an extraordinary cannabis shopping experience built on high quality products, knowledge and trust.
Retail Sales Associate (Budtender)
We are seeking Sales Associates who are responsible, hardworking, dedicated, individuals with a friendly, creative, curious and vibrant personality. Those who have a passion and knowledge for cannabis, or have a desire to learn, and want to share it with others.
This person will provide exceptional service in all aspects of the sales floor – welcoming customers, selling, sharing product knowledge, cash wrap, restock and overall shop keeping.
We want people open to sharing ideas and providing input with team mates and mangers with a focus on continuous improvement. We provide cross-training, continual learning and opportunity for growth.
Contact us if you enjoy a fast-paced work environment are energetic and have a positive attitude towards customer excellence and working with a team!
All applicants must be the minimum age of 19, Ontario CannSell Certified and provide a clean criminal background check.
Must have flexible availability with varying shifts including days, evenings and weekends. This role is initially part-time casual with the opportunity to transition to full-time.
- Interact with customers courteously and professionally to understand their needs and intent, and educate them on responsible cannabis use.
- Cultivate, grow and retain customer base through an educational and informative experience for all customers, regardless of their experience with cannabis.
- Convert customer needs into sales by guiding customers on products available and how to consume responsibly.
- Ensure a high level of customer interaction, suggestive selling and enthusiasm
- Stay knowledgeable on new products, changes in laws and industry trends
- Fully understand the menu offerings to best answer customer’s questions
- Professionally and courteously handle customer feedback, complaints or concerns and report back to management
- Greet customers and ID check those who look under the age of 25.
- Work with team members to fulfill orders and process purchases using Point Of Sale systems
- Work independently and with other associates to build an environment that provides an effortless customer experience
- Seek opportunities to contribute to and improve business results on a daily basis
- Adhere to all company training and operational standards and procedures (education, merchandising, cleanliness, security, checklists etc.)
- Continuous education. Take ownership of individual awareness of product knowledge
- Gain understanding of how customer interaction skills impact the business and the customer experience
- Collaborate with the team during morning and closing meetings
- Participate in ongoing staff education and through sharing of product knowledge
- Follow and perform store open and close procedures and other tasks as assigned
- Assist with inventory management as required
- Assist with merchandising and cleaning as directed
- Maintain a pleasant and organized working environment
- Ensure a safe working area for all colleagues and customers, including company COVID-19 procedures
- General housekeeping of store space (vacuum/sweep sales floor area, sanitize counters & glass display cabinets, clean bathrooms, etc.).
- Strict adherence to all regulatory compliance and internal company policies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Complete tasks as assigned by the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and Key Leaders
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must provide a current copy of the Ontario Cannsell Certification
- Require providing a clean criminal background check prior to employment.
- At least 2 years experience in retail sales, hospitality or customer service in a customer facing position; cannabis sales experience an asset
- Interest and passion for cannabis culture and the cannabis product industry
- Knowledge of/ability to learn about cannabis plants, strains, consumption methods and product accessories.
- Eagerness to educate customers and the community about the benefits associated with cannabis use
- Polished professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong sales and organizational skills
- Provide an effortless customer experience by anticipating customer needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Friendly, outgoing, and willing to initiate conversations with customers
- Ability to work well in high volume, high level of care, retail environment
- Strong willingness and ability for continuous learning
- Proven success in offering an exceptional customer experience that builds loyalty and delivers measurable results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Works well with others or alone, and with little supervision
- Experience with POS systems (COVA, Dutchie Software an asset)
- You are open to feedback and coaching
- Must be available for shift work any time between 8:30 am to 11:30pm, Monday to Sunday and be comfortable with ever changing duties
- Able to lift boxes 5-20 lbs
- High school diploma
- Understand and follow all policies regarding legal cannabis sales and proper identification practices
Applicants are to indicate their interest in either a full-time or part-time position
Our store will be open 7 days a week with hours that may range from 9am to 11pm.
Tonik Cannabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to employment equity, and encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our career opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Tonik Cannabis Inc. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: from $16.00 per hour
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Expected start date: 2021-06-21
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Shift work
- Minimum 1-3 years customer service experience, retail or hospitality is required
- CannSell Standard Certificate (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]