©Postmedia Network Inc.
Smoking cannabis isn’t the only way to feel its effects. That’s thanks to new products designed to make naturally occurring cannabis compounds (called cannabinoids) accessible to non-smokers. As you’ll soon discover, the product options containing restorative cannabinoids like cannabidiol (CBD) are plentiful.
Growing product lines make CBD topical options increasingly available for those interested in applying CBD topically rather than ingesting it or with no interest in getting high.
Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the other major cannabinoid in cannabis, CBD isn’t psychoactive, and instead offers users feelings of calm and relief. The ratio of CBD to THC content varies between cannabis products, so consult retail experts like Tonik Cannabis to help determine the cannabinoid balance you’re looking for.
CBD can be consumed in many forms — the one you never knew you wanted may be in our product guide below.
Used directly on the skin, CBD topicals require different application methods that depend on a topical’s design.
- CBD ointments can be applied to particularly sensitive areas, resting on the skin for longer periods than other topicals in order to maximize absorption.
- CBD balms and CBD salves are more commonly rubbed into the skin, producing a variety of sensations, depending on the type used.
- CBD lotion and CBD cream typically have greater moisturizing properties and can be applied to larger areas than other CBD topicals.
CBD Bedroom and Bathroom Products
A host of other CBD products help to stimulate the body, which some may seek for sensuous activities.
- CBD bath bombs and CBD bath salts are commonly infused with other nourishing minerals and plant products, like chamomile and eucalyptus. Some use CBD to THC ratios as high as 100:1.
- CBD intimacy oils combine the stimulation of intimacy oils with the heightened sensitivity and awareness that cannabis inspires. CBD intimacy oils are applied to the skin, like other CBD topicals.
Potent and portable, CBD sprays, sublingual oils and CBD softgels allow the body to quickly access a dose of CBD.
- CBD oral sprays come in different flavours, and often contain plant-based oils that help your body absorb a spray’s CBD content.
- CBD gel capsules are a handy source of relief in the same form as traditional pharmaceuticals.
- CBD Oil taken under the tongue (sublingually) is the ultimate shortcut into the bloodstream, enabling compounds like CBD to reach the bloodstream quickly without too much being lost along the way.
There are plenty of options for each type of CBD product out there. When shopping for your first CBD experience, consult experts like Tonik Cannabis to find the CBD product that fits your needs.
This story was created by Content Works, Postmedia’s commercial content division, on behalf of Tonik Cannabis.